18.7.09

Yummy Yogurt!


Just had one right now. Yummy yum yumm!

My yogurt recipe for this batch (made 17.07.09 with yogurt maker):
3 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cups sugar
1 pot (150g) plain yogurt

In a medium pot, heat up milk to warm, not boiling. Add sugar. Turn the heat off. Mix well.
Divide plain yogurt in seven pots, about a heap teaspoon (or two) each.
Add the milk mixture equally in each pot. Mix well.
Turn the yogurt machine on and leave them in there for 6-7 hours.
Take the pots out and put them in the fridge right away.

This is a bit sweet. But my little one likes it this way. If I made them plain he would not eat at all.

I made my own strawberry jam as well.

Strawberry jam by microwave oven:

150 g strawberries (I use frozen.)
50 g sugar
1 lime

In a medium glass bowl, add strawberries and sugar. Put the bowl in a microwave on high for about 5-8 minutes. Stop to stir from time to time, may be every one or two minutes. Add a juice of 1 lime. Stir. Store in a sterilized jar. I reused my old jam jar for this. I love going green. : )

I wish I could make my own sandwich bread like the store-bought kind. I tried several recipes from the internet but it does not come out like a really soft and light like the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment